Crazy Ed’s Cave Creek Chili Beer

February 16, 2009 by Aaron Goldfarb | Filed under Brewer: Chili Beer Co., Country: America, Grade: F regular, Style: Chile beer, Video Reviews.

4.2% ABV bottled

My second career video review, yet again from my Ten Least Wanted List. And I don’t believe anything else needs to be written…

Introduction:

The Taste:

The Aftermath:

F

Finally, as mentioned, I got a fuck ton of this shitty beer. Who wants to try some? If you’re interested shoot me an e-mail at theviceblog [at] gmail.com and I’ll send you a bottle, on me. I only have one stipulation: you must record yourself drinking the brew and then put it online for us all to see!

40 Responses to “Crazy Ed’s Cave Creek Chili Beer”

1. AjaxBleach says:

Nice…

Worthy of an episode of Jackass

2. amm002 says:

Did you check out their website? Fucking weird. Apparently each chili pepper is “lovingly dropped, by hand, in every bottle” before they fill it. That freaks me out more than the fear of the shit beer itself.

3. Oh my god! That’s so creeeeepy. Yuck.

Oh Captain, you’ll be getting mailed a bottle, don’t you worry. Heck, you may get two!

4. Dave says:

Hahah oh god. That made my day man. I see this shit everytime I go to my local beer store. He stocks it as a gag. I’d love to do a video review on this shit. I’ll buy a bottle of it. Luckily I only have to buy one bottle. Thank you Virginia.

5. Dave says:

I’ll make sure to dedicate it to you my friend haha. I’ll make the special trip this week.

6. Drinking chili beer is sweeping the nation!

7. Dirtyspeed says:

Count me in. I love spicy food as well but I have heard that this is something else.

8. You know I’ll hook you up, Dirty.

9. settlesdown says:

A couple of friends of mine drank some Habanero Wine this past summer and the hangover-shits/headache they received were (according to them) the absolute worst in the world. I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say thank you for doing this sort of shit so we don’t have to. Another Top Notch post my friend. You’d better be careful though; because if you continue down this road, you may end up eating Peyote or some other crazy concoction just because the bar has been raised so far. HAHA.

10. A have no idea what Habanero wine is, but funny you should mention it because I have another tale of habanerno ingestion that may go up tonight or tomorrow. Not pretty my friend, not pretty.

As for what’s next to drink, I honestly have no idea, and I am more than willing to solicit suggestions.

11. Stuart Hess says:

You are more pompous than the nose in the air people trotting around Poughkeepsie drinking their Kendall Jackson merlot like there shit don’t stink. Did you ever hear about what your supposed to do if you don’t have something nice to say? Since you like drinking crap so much, how about I send you a homebrew special made for Mr. Goldfarb. I’ll let you guess what the secret ingredient is…asshole!

12. Can’t wait to try that brew, Stu.

13. Jeff says:

Goldfarb – This reminds me of the shit we drank with the dead lizard in it back in the day. That may have been better than the Chili beer.

14. Funny you should mention that–I was just thinking about that thing today. I wonder if Tim could get me some.

Remember the sword alcohol too?

15. Hey! I actually like the Cave Creek Chili Beer, but they no longer have it available in my area of NC. If you have a bottle or two you haven’t gotten rid of….I’d be willing to take it from you! It’s spicy hot…and burns at first. But then I think it tastes pretty good for a change of pace. The aftertaste isn’t too bad. Guess I like all sorts of beer? :)

16. Bob, I’ve now had the chili beer on three separate occasions and it just gets more and more spicy with age if you can believe that. I’ve actually had two friends who really liked the beer and one who sort of did, so I guess there are certainly people out there just like you!

I’m not sure if I have any bottles left but let me check. Would love to pass on a bottle to a guy that actually likes it!

Have you had the Rogue Chipotle?

17. creeker000 says:

I actually have some bottles of chili beer that have been in my fridge since it first came out. I have spoken with the former brewmaster who told me it would be best to dispose of them because they would be too spicy to drink.

18. Thanks for writing Creeker. A few notes:

1. I can’t believe Cave Creek actually has a brew “master.” Do they even make any other beers?

2. I hope if you ever do drink those “aged” chili beers you video review them.

3. If you do for some reason want to dispose of them, please dispose of them to me…and I’ll do yet another video review. I can’t imagine this beer getting much more spicy and horrific, but I guess you never know. And I’ll drink anything for my “art.”

19. Thomas Lavelle says:

This is the finest beer i have ever tried.Its superbly brewed and then just that little kick at the back of your throat!!!Awesome i think there is also a chilibeer helpline………I tried this stuff in Ireland where its hugh they even have a fan club…..Its even available online for home delivery in Dublin at chilibeer.ie
    Keep brewing crazy Ed!!!!

20. Thanks for writing Thomas.

To be fair, of the 20 or so friends, I’ve shared the beer with, like 18 have hated it and the two that didn’t hate it absolutely loved it. So this beer certainly appeals to some one.

I can’t believe it is so beloved in Dublin. Odd.

21. Ciara carroll says:

Wow i tried this beer in Dublin Ireland at a Taste of dublin Festival…………It was amazing and i have since found out that its in most of the good bars in dublin.I recently had a ChiliBeer Party and we are all hooked on this stuff……….i used to drink corona but its just so bland in comparison.Its got such a cool following and we have bets on who eats the pepper…………Keep it up guys!!!!!!Ciara and Hottie girls!!!!

22. What is with Dubliners loving this beer? Crazy stuff.

23. Chilihead Fred says:

Chili beer is awesome, where else can you find such delicious heat in an icy cold malt beverage? I find most people have a similar reaction to yours, but I drink it anytime I run across a six pack. I ran across it the first time in a bar in Cave Creek and I’ve been hooked ever since. Cheers!

24. Sybil Gage says:

I LOVE Chili beer and used to drink it all the time in N.Y I stupidly moved to Florida and can’t find

it anymore. Went back to N Y a month ago and it’s not there either. I suppose you can fake it by putting a slice of pepper in a Corona.

25. Bud says:

I was able at one time to buy cave Creek Chili Beer here in Eureka but the distributers quit offering it to the retailers. I went to Cave Creek and bought 5 cases and made it last for a year. since then I have occasionally found it at various locations farther south. My son just sent me a case for my 74th b’day. that should hold me for a while if I ration it. Love the stuff.

26. soak123 says:

i live in ct …. have yet to try this chilli beer … anyplace in new york along ct,mass. border that still sells it

27. Tom Riding says:

i actually love this stuff!

28. Srini says:

I have been hunting for this Cave Creek Chili Beer. I bought some about 3-4 years ago in Whole Foods VA. They were stocking it in the baking section. Now I cannot find this stuff. let me know if you want me to buy some your “ton of chili beer”. Or if you know where to buy this email me. Thanks!!!

29. Srini:

Unfortunately I’m personally out of Cave Creek and, even worse, they’ve discontinued making the product!

30. Bud says:

I really love Chili Beer, the only problem I have is finding it. It is no longer available in my area. My understanding is that production has been moved to Mexico and produced in a former Miller brewery. My son found and sent me 4 six packs last year and I have been rationing it and now have one six pack left.

If anyone in northern California knows where to find it I would really appreciate knowing where.

31. Bud says:

Hey just got another case for my 74th b’day. 3 of my nephews chipped in and got it for me in Santa Rosa, CA.

32. Bud says:

Just a correction to my last post, it was my 75th b’day.
    Still have 3 sixpacks left. Still trying to find closer to home.

33. Kim Davis says:

If you like spicy bloody mary’s or Mexican michelada’s then you really have to try this chili beer with Lasci Michelada mix in it!!! It’s yummy!!!

34. Kim Davis says:

Sorry, typo, I meant Lasco michelada mix.

35. brian walker says:

I really liked this beer burns all the way down and the taste is not bad P.S. not for pussys :)

36. donna caldwell says:

I used to be able to get Chili Beer in OK but it is not sold anywhere in this state now. I have to drive to Wichita, KS, to get it now. I love this beer and am sad that I no longer get here. I don’t understand why can now be shipped to OK, but beer is still a no-no.

37. donna caldwell says:

I meant to say wine can be shipped in the last sentence.

38. Mo Hyatt says:

I love, love, love this stuff. I’m not a beer drinker but I was in Albany, NY visiting my son and we had some w/pizza. I looked and looked for it in Tennessee. No luck – wen back to Albany and they didn’t sell it anymore. Then one day I went into Archer’s Market in a little town, Norris, TN, and there it was. YUMMY …